Career Opportunities with the Ontario Liberal Party
Manager of Communications, Ontario Liberal Party
The Manager of Communications is responsible for managing and executing the overall communications strategy and daily implementation for the Ontario Liberal Party. Reporting directly to the Managing Director, the Manager of Communications ensures the Ontario Liberal Party's goals and objectives are clearly communicated to its target audiences across the province.
The right candidate for this position is someone who is comfortable multi-tasking and working in a fast paced environment, while demonstrating strong oral and written communications skills.
- 3-5 years' experience in a communications or media relations type role
- Experience developing messaging on complex issues
- Strong original writing and editing skills for a variety of channels, including traditional media, social media, the OLP website, and member materials
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting all deadlines
- A keen eye for detail and excellent organizational skills
- A team player who can encourage other team members to share
- Provincial media contacts an asset
- Degree in Communications or Journalism from a recognized university an asset
- Demonstrated political experience is an asset
- Bilingual English/French is an asset
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure overall consistency of the brand and messaging across all materials and platforms
- Work collaboratively with colleagues at the Party, Caucus and Leader's Office
- Manage various member communications and e-newsletters, incorporating and coordinating key messages, images, Party updates, highlights of volunteers and manage the upkeep of the membership email list on a monthly basis
- Lead writer for key external communications materials such as press releases and other media related items, fundraising and event promotion materials, all internal and external announcements, the OLP website and all social media platforms
- Provide communications support around the planning and promotion of key Ontario Liberal Party events, such as the Annual General Meeting, Provincial Councils, Regional Meetings
- Work closely with and support the Ontario Liberal Party Executive members
- Manage incoming correspondence and develop a streamlined approach for responses
- Track and report on analytics and other indicators of how OLP's communications strategy has achieved its goals and objectives
Interested parties may send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
System Administrator, Ontario Liberal Party
This ideal opportunity will make the most of your progressive experience delivering IT services, including applying testing and diagnostic techniques, in a team environment. Under the direction of the leadership of the Ontario Liberal Party, you will provide day-to-day technical system support to meet the needs of the staff of the Ontario Liberal Party to ensure that computer hardware and software systems are running efficiently and problem free. Liaising with equipment and software vendors, you will keep current with developments in the technology industry.
A university degree or equivalent work experience in IT supports your knowledge of Office365 Management, Account creation and maintenance in Microsoft Active Directory, Windows 7 Professional Workstation, Networking infrastructures, Anti-Virus technologies. You are able to exhibit tact and diplomacy when dealing with clients and are driven by being organized, responsive and flexible. Please forward your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
Database Administrator, Ontario Liberal Party
This ideal opportunity will make the most of your progressive experience delivering database services in a team environment. Under the direction of the leadership of the Ontario Liberal Party, you will provide day-to-day database support to meet the needs of the staff of the Ontario Liberal Party. Duties include working with customised database to extract data and reports for various political and fundraising projects, create accounts for staff, and prepare statistics based on donor history and other parameters. Import and export data from other data sources. Liaise with database vendors to keep current with software developments.
A university degree or equivalent work experience with databases supports your knowledge of Microsoft SQL, Microsoft Access. You are able to exhibit tact and diplomacy when dealing with clients and are driven by being organized, responsive and flexible. Please forward your resume to: email@example.com