Creating Jobs and Investing in Ontario’s Opportunities
Premier Wynne and our Ontario Liberal team hit the ground running to strengthen our economy and create more jobs across the province. The Speech from the Throne that outlined our vision for a strong 21st century economy that invests in our skilled workforce and helps people across the province find good jobs:
- This morning, Premier Wynne was joined by Minister Chiarelli, Minister Meilleur, Minister Naqvi and MPP McNeely at a jobs roundtable hosted by Invest Ottawa. The group discussed creating new opportunities in Ontario’s information technology sector.
- Our high-tech clusters in Ottawa and Waterloo are already innovation hubs — and our government will continue to support these industries and invest in their growth.
- While in Ottawa, Premier Wynne will join Ottawa Mayor Jim Watson for an announcement regarding Ottawa’s Light Rail Transit (LRT) project. Our government has committed $600 million to transit infrastructure in the City of Ottawa, an investment that will create jobs and contribute to increased productivity in the region.
- Ottawa's new LRT will create about 20,000 jobs, generate $3.2 billion in economic activity, help the environment by taking cars off the road and get people home to their loved ones faster.
- Also today, Minister Hoskins and Minister McMeekin are in Hamilton to meet with the Chamber of Commerce to talk about creating new jobs and ensuring communities across Ontario have the support they need.
Only Ontario Liberals know the way forward when it comes to building a strong economy that gives everyone a good job and an opportunity to flourish.