WOODBRIDGE—Hundreds of supporters, including former Canadian Prime Minister Jean Chrétien, and Greg Sorbara, packed Montecassino Place Banquet Hall in Woodbridge to celebrate Steven Del Duca becoming the first Ontario Liberal Party candidate for the new riding of Vaughan—Woodbridge in the upcoming 2018 provincial election.
Del Duca is a 31 year resident of Vaughan and today, he and his wife, Utilia, are raising two amazing daughters in Woodbridge. Since first being elected in 2012, he has been a local champion focused on supporting families and fighting for his community.
Some of his achievements include:
- First subway in Vaughan—helped to oversee completion of the TTC subway extension to Vaughan which opened for local commuters in December 2017.
- New Highway 427 extension—secured over $600 million to extend the highway to Major Mackenzie Drive to help reduce local gridlock.
- Increased GO train service—delivered two-way, all day, 7-day-a-week GO train service for Vaughan commuters and 1200 new parking spaces at the Rutherford GO station.
- New hospital in Vaughan—secured $1.3 billion to build the Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, which is now under construction and will open in 2020.
- New residential hospice in Woodbridge—delivered $2 million in capital funding and more than $1 million in annual operating funding for Hospice Vaughan’s 10-bed residential hospice and palliative care centre of excellence.
- Six new schools in Vaughan—delivered over $88 million to build six new schools locally because every child needs the best start in life.
“On June 7th, the people of Woodbridge face an important choice: who do they want fighting for them and their families at Queen’s Park. I have deep roots in our community and I have consistently delivered positive results including our subway, our Highway 427 extension and our hospital. As our community’s champion at Queen’s Park, I will always be on your side.”
- Steven Del Duca, Liberal Candidate for Vaughan—Woodbridge
“The people of Vaughan are truly fortunate to have such a determined, compassionate and visionary leader as their MPP. I have no doubt that Steven will continue to represent his community for years to come and he can certainly count on my support throughout that time.”
- Rt. Hon. Jean Chrétien
“Steven is as passionate as they get when it comes to fighting for his community. As someone who has had the honour of serving the good people of Vaughan, I can rest easy knowing that this community is in his capable hands. Steven will always have my support.”
- Greg Sorbara, MPP (1985-1995, 1999-2012)
For more information: